All You Might Need to Know About Nose Piercings
For many people, a nose piercing is a fun addition that doesn’t stand out too much and can heal pretty easily and quickly. There are a few factors to consider if you want a nose piercing: the type of piercing you want, the healing process involved, and how to know if you’ve found a trustworthy shop to pierce your nose!
Different Types of Nose Piercings
If you want to get a nose piercing, there are two main kinds that people choose. Each is dependent on your personal preference and style.
- A nostril piercing: These are probably the most common time of nose piercings. You can choose the left or right side of your nostril. Typically, you will start with a stud, usually with a jewel on the end. Once your piercing has had time to heal, you can consider a nose ring instead of the stud for a bit of a bolder statement.
- A septum piercing: This type of piercing is just below your nose. Viewed straight on, it is through the skin between your nostrils. These are daring and fun but can be easier to be bumped or get moved around.
Both options are a good addition if you’re interested in a facial piercing. The nostril piercing tends to be more common than the septum piercing.
How to Take Care of Your Nose Piercing
The actual process of a nose piercing is quick and (mostly) painless. The whole process takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes, and you have a new shiny addition to your look! Keep a few things in mind after the piercing to make sure your healing process is smooth and pain-free:
- Wash the area around your piercing with soap and warm water when you shower.
- Use saline solution throughout the day to help keep the area clean from infection. Simply use a Q-tip to dab around the area.
- Avoid touching your nose or your face in general. The oils from your hands and the germs and dirt on your fingers can cause an unwanted infection.
The healing process can take up to three to six months but continue to keep the area around the piercing clean to be sure there is no risk of infection.
Tips for Finding the Right Piercing Shop
Look for the following things when choosing a shop:
- Are the reviews positive?
- Is the place clean?
- Are the piercing tools new?
- Does the staff seem knowledgeable?
If you can answer yes to these questions, you’ve likely found a good shop!